Macaroni Cheese with Meatballs
Nothing beats the taste of homemade meatballs, and served with macaroni and cheese this dinner is a real treat for the kids.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 50 g Fresh white breadcrumbs
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 15 ml Mixed dried herbs
- Salt and pepper to season
- 60 ml Flour
- 15 ml Oil
- 125 ml Milk
- 310 ml Water
- 30 ml Stork margarine
- 1 Packet KNORR Macaroni and Cheese Pasta and Sauce
- 1 Sachet Knorr Monkey Gland Sauce
- Macaroni to serve
- Combine breadcrumbs, mince, onion, egg, dried herbs and seasoning.
- Roll into 20 balls, coating in flour.
- Refrigerate for 10 min before frying in batches in hot oil.
- Place the milk, boiling water and Stork margarine in a saucepan and bring to the boil Add the contents of the sauce sachet and macaroni sachet and simmer for 10 min, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, cover and stand for 2 min.
- Pour contents of Knorr Monkey Gland Sauce into a jug and fill up to 250 ml mark with boiling water and stir with a fork for 1 minute and, allow to cool slightly.
- Roll the meatballs in the Knorr Monkey Gland Sauce and serve over macaroni.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook