Pork and Pineapple Low Cost Curry
Try out this pork curry with a sweet and chilli flavour. It costs less and makes a great weekend treat for the family.
- Recipe serves4 to 6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 500 g Cubed pork
- 15 ml oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2.5 ml Crushed garlic
- 15 ml Fresh ginger, grated
- 25 ml Curry powder
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 400 ml boiling water
- 30 ml corn flour
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 30 ml brown sugar
- 30 ml tomato sauce
- 1 Tin pineapple pieces, drained
- In a large pot, heat oil and fry pork cubes until browned.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and sauté until the onion has softened.
- Add the curry powder and cinnamon stick and fry for 2 minutes.
- In a jug, mix the KNORR Chicken Stock Pot with the boiling water, corn flour, soy sauce and tomato sauce and stir for 1 minute with a fork.
- Pour the sauce into the pan together with the pineapple pieces.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, until pork is cooked through.
- Serve with fluffy white rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook