Festive Cottage Pie
Always popular, this cottage pie is made using mince, herbs and vegetables.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 15 Millilitre oil
- 600 Gram Beef mince
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 Carrots, diced
- 30 Millilitre Flour
- 15 Millilitre Dried mixed herbs
- 30 Millilitre chopped fresh parsley
- 375 Millilitre Beef stock
- 15 Millilitre Tomato paste
- 1 Pinch Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 60 Millilitre Stork Margarine
- 1 KNORR Bacon and Onion Flavour Potato Bake
- 375 Millilitre Milk
- 125 Millilitre grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- To make the meat filling:
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and add the beef mince.
- Fry for 1 min and add onion and carrots and continue to fry until the mince is cooked.
- Mix in flour, mixed herbs and parsley.
- Mix the stock and tomato paste in a jug and add to the mince mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 15 min, stirring occasionally until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Spoon the mixture into a 20 X 20 cm ovenproof dish.
- To make the potato topping:
- Place diced potatoes in a medium sized pot.
- Cover with water and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Boil for 20 min until the potatoes are cooked.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth and then add the margarine.
- Mix the sachet contents with a little milk to make a smooth paste and stir in the remaining milk.
- Add to the mashed potato and continue mashing until well combined.
- Spread the potatoes over the mince mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 min until the top is browned and the cheese is bubbling.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook