Chicken Fajitas with Avocado and Peppers
This delish Mexican dish of Chicken Fajitas has a new twist – add pesto and coriander for a tasty and filling treat!
- Recipe serves4 to 6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time10 minutes
- 15 ml Basil pesto
- 1 Juice of 1 lime, plus extra juice to sprinkle
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 15 ml oil
- 5 ml Robertsons Origanum
- 5 ml Robertsons Cumin
- 1 Cup Coriander leaves, chopped
- 800 g Chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Onion, half diced, half sliced
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 2 Avocado
- 2 Red peppers, cut into large strips
- 12 Tortillas, to serve
- Combine lime juice, garlic, 5 ml oil, origanum, cumin, chopped coriander and basil pesto in a shallow bowl and season with pepper.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate and marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Combine tomato and diced onion in a small bowl and season to taste.
- Halve and stone avocado, then slice and sprinkle with extra lime juice.
- Heat a frying pan.
- Toss red pepper and sliced onion in remaining 10 ml oil and fry for 4 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Add chicken and KNORR Chicken Stock Pot and cook for 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Toss through red pepper and serve with tomato mixture, avocado, tortillas and extra coriander.
- Serve chicken on top of tortillas or roll the chicken up in the tortilla to make it easier for the children to eat.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook