End-of-the-Month Vegetable Hotpot
Reached the end of the month and run out of money and meal ideas? This mouth watering vegetable hot pot flavoured with cumin and paprika will please the purse and the family.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 15 ml Peanuts
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Slice wholegrain bread, diced
- 15 ml olive oil
- 400 g Can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 250 ml water
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 500 g Pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 5 ml Ground paprika
- 10 ml Ground cumin
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 KNORR Roasted Vegetables Veggie Bake
- 30 ml Finely chopped parsley leaves
- 400 g Can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 300 g Green beans, trimmed, blanched
- Lightly spray a large saucepan with cooking oil spray and heat on medium.
- Cook onion for 5 minutes, stirring, until golden.
- Stir in cumin and paprika and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, tomato and chickpeas, water and the KNORR Roasted Vegetables Veggie Bake and season to taste.
- Cook, covered, for 10 minutes, until pumpkin is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small frying pan on low.
- Fry bread, garlic and peanuts for 2 minutes, until golden.
- Blend in a food processor until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir through parsley.
- Add cannellini beans and green beans to pumpkin mixture and toss gently until heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with crumb mixture.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook