Peppers Stuffed with Nutty Apricot Couscous
This sweet filling with almond, apricot and raisins combines with the crisp tangy flavour of the peppers to give you a delicious vegetarian meal.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 4 Large red and/or yellow red peppers
- 30 ml Dried breadcrumbs
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 sachet KNORR Three Cheese Sauce
- 15 ml Raisins
- 15 ml Flaked almonds
- ¼ cup Prepared Cous cous
- 15 ml Finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 5 Dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roast peppers for about 10 minutes until skins are charred and can be peeled off easily.
- Peel skin from peppers, then halve or quarter lengthways, depending on size.
- Remove seeds and discard.
- Mix together olive oil, raisins, flaked almonds, cous cous, parsley and aricots, seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Set aside.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and contents of the sachet of KNORR Three Cheese Sauce together in a small bowl.
- Lay peppers on a dry surface and divide filling between them.
- Roll up the sides and enclose and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Place on a baking tray, sprinkle liberally with dried breadcrumb mixture and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve stuffed peppers warm or cold, with a bowl of small olives on the side.
- You can also use thin slices of brinjal
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook