Roast Beef Fillet with Herbed Potato Crisps
Beef and herbed potato crisps make a great family meal for Sunday lunches.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 2 Millilitre Fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 Garlic clove
- 20 Millilitre Wholegrain mustard
- 1.5 Kilogram Beef fillet
- 250 Gram Potatoes, skin on
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 3 Millilitre Robertsons Mixed herbs
- 1 sachet KNORR Cheese & Bacon Flavour Potato Bake
- 1 Cup Oil for frying
- 2 Cups Roasted vegetables to serve
- 50 Millilitre Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200˚C
- Pour olive oil, rosemary leaves and garlic into a pestle and mortar and bash the leaves to release all the oils.
- Mix in contents of the KNORR Cheese & Bacon Flavour Potato Bake and add the mustard.
- Rub the mixture over the beef fillet.
- Place the fillet into a roasting dish and roast at 200°C for 30 min until medium rare, basting with the pan juices occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and allow the meat to rest for 5 min before slicing.
- Using a potato peeler, peel slices off the potatoes lengthwards, place in a bowl and pat dry.
- Sprinkle with salt and mixed herbs.
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the potato slices until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve slices of fillet and herbed potato crisps together with roasted vegetables.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook