Make a cucumber mousse to serve up during the New Year festivities made with cream cheese, mayo, chives, lemon juice and fresh cream.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time5 minutes
- 125 Millilitre Fresh cream
- 15 Millilitre Finely chopped chives
- 2.5 Millilitre Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- half KNORR Chicken Stock Pot diluted in 125ml warm water
- 125 Millilitre mayonnaise
- 500 Gram English cucumber, grated
- 250 Gram Cream cheese
- 2.5 Millilitre Tabasco sauce
- 15 Millilitre Gelatine
- 2.5 Millilitre Celery salt
- 15 Millilitre Finely chopped parsley
- 10 Millilitre lemon juice
- Put the cucumber in a colander and sprinkle with salt.
- Leave, covered, for about 30 minutes to drain off liquid.
- Put the cream cheese in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Add the mayonnaise and Tabasco and stir until well mixed and smooth.
- Soften the gelatine in the chicken stock, and warm over gentle heat until stock is hot (not too hot).
- Stir well, take off heat and allow it to cool down for a little while, while you continue.
- Drain the cucumber by shaking the sieve, and pat lightly with kitchen paper.
- Oil a 1 litre mould.
- Add the cream-cheese mixture into the stock and beat together.
- Season with pepper and salt, and add the cucumber, chives and parsley.
- Fold in well.
- When the cucumber mixture starts to thicken, whip the cream until soft peaks form, and fold into the mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and stir in well.
- Pour into the oiled mould, and leave in the refrigerator to set (6 hours or overnight.)
- Turn out on a platter and serve with crispy dippers.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook