Crunchy Chicken Sticks With Avocado And Sweetcorn
The home-made crispy coating on these chicken sticks will have your kids licking their lips for more.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 sachet KNORR Sour Cream & Chives Potato Bake
- ½ Avocado, mashed
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- 1 Small can of corn, rinsed and drained
- 5 ml Finely chopped coriander
- ½ Cup flour
- 100 g Cornflakes
- 500 g Chicken breast cut into chunky strips
- Combine avocado, sour cream, corn and coriander and set aside in the fridge until needed.
- Put cornflakes and dry contents of the sachet of KNORR Sour Cream & Chives Potato Bake in a sandwich bag and close.
- Roll over with a rolling pin and crush cornflakes finely.
- Put the egg in the first plate, flour in a second deep plate and cornflakes mixture in a third deep plate.
- Dip each piece of chicken, one at a time, first in the flour, then in the egg, and then in the cornflakes mixture.
- Ensure each chicken strip is evenly coated and transfer onto a baking tray.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry chicken sticks in batches for about 6 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Keep warm in the oven until all done.
- Serve with avocado and corn dip.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook