Butternut and Leek Soup
Traditional butternut soup recipes are a must-have on your winter meal planner, so here’s a delicious one made with leek and green apple.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 15 millilitre oil
- 3 Leeks, sliced
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 1 kilogram Butternut, cubed
- 1 Green Apple, cored and chopped
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot
- 300 millimetre Milk
- 200 millimetre Water
- 1 Swirl of Cream to serve
- Heat oil in a large pot; add leeks and onion and sauté until they soften.
- Add butternut, apple and black pepper.
- Add KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot, milk and water, and add to the soup mix.
- Simmer for 25-30 min until the butternut is tender.
- Once cooked, place in a liquidiser and puree until smooth.
- Serve with a swirl of cream and garnish lightly with black pepper.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook