Tuna Bake With a Corn Topping
Try a topping with a difference for this tuna bake using corn kernels, onion and cumin topped with fresh coriander and a sprinkling of cheese.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time80 minutes
- 250 Millilitre cold milk
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 15 Millilitre oil
- 1 Box KNORR Tuna Mate Cheddar-Melt
- 800 Millilitre hot water
- 2 Cans Tuna, drained
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick saucepan.
- Add onions and garlic and sautè until soft.
- Stir in sachet of seasoning spice blend, milk and water and mix together well.
- Add prawns, lime zest and the uncooked pasta and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer uncovered for 15-20 min until the pasta is cooked
- Pour into a baking dish and spread out evenly.
- To make corn topping: cut corn kernels from corn cobs and transfer half of the kernels to a food processor, process until finely chopped.
- Place processed kernels, whole kernels, onion, cumin, water, and cook uncovered, for 30 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and mixture resembles mushy peas.
- Stir in coriander and season with salt and pepper.
- Press the corn topping onto the tuna dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook