Prawn and Crab Puff Pastry Parcels
If you're expecting guests over during the holidays for drinks, serve up these prawn wellingtons on a festive platter.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time30 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 2 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 Cup Shredded fresh spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 120 Gram Crabmeat, flaked
- 1 KNORR Classic White Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped spring onion
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped fresh fennel
- 6 Jumbo prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add spinach and stir fry until wilted (about 3 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid and set aside.
- Cut a sheet of puff pastry into 4 squares.
- Prick lightly with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, mix crabmeat, prepared KNORR Classic White Sauce, spring onion, and fennel until well blended.
- Cut prawns lengthwise (not all the way through) and open them up.
- Lay one prawn in the middle of each pastry square with open side facing up.
- Stuff each prawn with an equal amount of spinach and top with a heaped tablespoon of the crab mixture.
- Fold over the pastry to make a triangle, and press the edges to seal.
- Place on the baking sheet, and brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook