Truly Delicious Indian Butter Chicken
No need to order out - make your own butter chicken dish and impress family and friends.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 250 ml Cream
- 60 ml Plain yogurt
- 250 ml Tomato puree
- 1 Robertsons Bay leaf
- 5 ml Robertsons Cumin
- 5 ml Chilli powder
- 10 ml Garam masala
- 15 ml Ginger and garlic paste
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 30 ml Oil
- 1 sachet KNORR Classic White Sauce
- 30 ml butter
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch black pepper
- 500 g Skinless chicken thighs, deboned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Pinch Robertsons Cayenne pepper
- Heat 15 ml oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Sautè onion until soft and translucent.
- Stir in butter, lemon juice, ginger & garlic paste, 5 ml garam masala, chilli powder, cumin and bay leaf.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomato puree, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in yoghurt and cream and KNORR Classic White Sauce.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until lightly browned (about 10 minutes).
- Reduce heat and season with remaining 5 ml garam masala and cayenne pepper.
- Stir chicken into sauce and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook