Creamy Pork Sausage and Pea Casserole
This dish makes a tasty family feast any night of the week using pork sausages and green peas.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 15 ml Soy sauce
- 1 KNORR Chicken and Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 2 Tins evaporated milk
- 3 Onions, chopped
- 125 ml Toasted flaked almonds
- 500 g Pork sausage, sliced
- 500 g frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the sliced pork sausage into a large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir until evenly browned.
- Place sausage on kitchen towel to absorb excess fat and set aside.
- Fry the onions in the same pan until soft.
- Grease a square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the evaporated milk, contents of the sachet of KNORR Chicken & Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-Sauce, soy sauce, garlic and pepper.
- Add the sausage, peas and stir until evenly coated. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Top with fried onions.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving and sprinkle with lightly toasted almonds.
- Serve with brown basmati rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook