Chicken Schnitzels with a Cheesy Mediterranean Topping
Here's another quick and tasty way to cook up chicken schnitzels by topping them with grilled brinjal and a cheese sauce.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- 30 ml lemon juice
- Cooking oil
- 4 Crumbed chicken schnitzels
- 1 Small brinjal, cut into thin slices lengthwise
- 250 g Punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- ½ Cup Basil leaves
- 1 KNORR Creamy Three Cheeses Sauce
- 250 ml boiling milk
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Sprinkle salt over both sides of brinjal and leave to stand 10 minutes.
- Rinse salt and juices off - this removes the bitter juice from the brinjal before cooking.
- Preheat a griddle pan over medium heat.
- Brush brinjal with oil and season then grill on the griddle pan for 5 minutes each side.
- Remove to a plate and pour over lemon juice.
- Bake or fry chicken schnitzels until done then set aside.
- Place tomatoes in baking tray and top with garlic, salt and pepper and drizzle with a little oil.
- Place under the grill for 7 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Prepare the KNORR Three Cheese Sauce using boiling milk and whisk well until smooth.
- Place oven onto grill function
- Place chicken schnitzel in a single layer onto an oven tray, arrange brinjal slices over and top with KNORR Three Cheese Sauce, basil, tomatoes and parmesan.
- Grill for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with salad leaves.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook