Chipolata sausage, tomato and origanum risotto
Everyone in the family, young and old alike, will love this flavoursome risotto with small chipolata sausages and Arborio rice.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 12.5 ml Olive oil
- 1 Small red onion, finely chopped
- 500 ml Arborio rice
- 2 Cans Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 sachet KNORR Chicken a'la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 12 Chipolata sausages
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 ml prepared chicken stock
- 30 ml Fresh origanum leaves
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add sausages.
- Cook, turning often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Set aside.
- Add remaining oil, onion and garlic to pan.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add rice and cook, stirring to separate rice grains, for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, Knorr Fresh Ideas Chicken a la King Cook In Sauce, and stock and cook, stirring, for approximately 20-30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove risotto from heat.
- Halve the sausages and stir into the risotto with the origanum.
- Season with pepper and spoon into bowls and serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook