Southern Fried Chicken
Make your own southern fried chicken by using a dry garlic sauce, black pepper, buttermilk and eggs.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 3 Cup Flour
- 1 KNORR Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 3 tbsp Coarse ground black pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup KNORR Braai Bottle Sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8-10 Chicken pieces
- 2 Cup Oil for frying
- In a large shallow dish, mix together flour, Knorr Creamy Garlic Instant Sauce and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, then whisk in buttermilk, KNORR Braai Sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Dredge chicken in milk mixture, then in seasoned flour, alternating in each at least twice.
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Deep fry chicken in hot oil until golden brown on both sides, about 10 minutes each side until cooked.
- Serve with a choice of salad or vegetables.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook