Mince and Vegetable Cups
Getting your kids to eat their veggies is easy with this mince recipe served in individual crisp bread cases.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- 15 Millilitre olive oil
- ¼ Cup Grated mature cheddar cheese
- ¼ Cup frozen peas
- 30 Millilitre Tomato paste
- 1 Small baby marrow, grated
- 1 Small carrot, peeled, grated
- 200 Gram lean beef mince
- 1 sachet KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 12 Slices whole wheat bread
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Brush a muffin tray with oil.
- Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add mince.
- Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the mince, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned.
- Add carrot and baby marrow.
- Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add tomato paste and KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Cook-In-Sauce.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in peas and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten bread slices.
- Use a 10cm round biscuit cutter (or use scissors) to cut 1 round from each slice.
- Use bread rounds to line base and sides of greased muffin holes.
- Bake bread cases for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons mince mixture into each bread case.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Great for the kids!
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook