Roast Chicken with a Mushroom and Bacon Stuffing
This whole chicken stuffed with mushroom, leeks, bacon and thyme makes a delicious family roast for lazy weekend days.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time90 minutes
- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g Button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 Bacon rashers, rind removed, finely chopped
- 1 Leek, finely chopped
- 1 Fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Egg, lightly whisked
- 1 KNORR Roast Chicken Gravy
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make the stuffing, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushroom, bacon and leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the bacon and mushroom is golden.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, thyme, egg and KNORR Roast Chicken Gravy powder, and stir until combined.
- Loosely fill the chicken cavity with the stuffing.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and drizzle a little oil over it.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Roast chicken for 1 ½ hours at 180°C, until succulent and golden brown.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook