Butternut and Leek Pasta Au Gratin
Pasta recipes don’t need to be complicated. This tasty pasta dish is great as a week day meal and it only takes half an hour to prepare!
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 300 g Pasta of your choice
- 1 Small butternut, peeled, seeded and cut into 1cm cubes
- 30 ml Stork Margarine
- 2 Leeks, chopped
- 1 sachet KNORR Classic White Sauce
- 15 ml basil pesto
- 250 ml Milk
- 250 g Mascarpone cheese
- 55 ml Parmesan cheese, grated
- 30 ml Breadcrumbs
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Sauté the butternut in Stork margarine for 5 minutes (do not over stir as it will become mushy)
- Add leeks and cook, stirring lightly for a further 5 minutes.
- Prepare the KNORR Classic White Sauce & basil pesto by mixing it with 250ml hot milk and stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Stir this sauce, butternut and leeks, the mascarpone cheese and 25ml Parmesan cheese into the cooked pasta and stir well.
- Pour into a baking dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and 30 ml Parmesan cheese.
- Place under the grill for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook