Lentil and Butternut Bobotie
Now here's a bobotie with a difference - made using butternut and lentils, this bobotie is a treat for weekday meals.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time90 minutes
- 1 Slice bread
- 100 Millilitre Milk
- 45 Millilitre Olive oil
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 500 Gram Butternut, cubed
- 4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 Millilitre Chilli paste
- 5 Millilitre Curry powder
- 410 Gram Tin whole tomatoes
- 1 KNORR Roasted Vegetables Veggie Bake
- 250 Gram Brown lentils
- 4 Eggs
- 375 Millilitre Milk
- 2 Bay leaves
- Cover lentils with water and simmer for 45 minutes until soft.
- Soak bread in milk and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot and sauté the onions.
- Add the butternut and cook covered over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, chilli paste, curry powder and bay leaves and lentils.
- Add the tomatoes and KNORR Roasted Vegetables Veggie Bake and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid off.
- Stir in soaked bread and mix well.
- Place the mixture into a casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Beat eggs with milk and pour over the lentil and butternut mixture.
- Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes until the custard is set and brown.
- Serve with basmati rice and chutney.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook