Crumbed Calamari Rings with Lentil Rice
Honey and Mustard shallow-fried calamari with lentil rice and salad makes a great meal for entertaining friends.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 100 g Breadcrumbs
- 30 ml Finely Chopped Fresh Coriander
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 15 ml Honey
- 15 ml Mustard
- 400 g Calamari rings
- Oil for frying
- 225 g Mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g Chives, chopped
- 1 KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot
- 10 ml Stork Margarine
- 300 g Rice, cooked
- 250 g Lentils, cooked or canned
- 50 g Carrot, grated
- 50 g Celery, julienne
- 120 g Cherry Tomatoes
- 100 g Cucumber, sliced
- 100 g Lettuce, shredded
- Mix breadcrumbs and chopped coriander together in a dish.
- Mix eggs, honey and mustard together.
- Dip calamari rings into egg mixture first and then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Lightly fry calamari in oil until coating is light golden brown.
- Prepare rice by sautéing mushrooms and chives in KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot and Stork margarine until cooked.
- Stir this mixture into prepared rice together with the lentils.
- Prepare salad ingredients in a platter (carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce)
- Serve calamari rings with savoury rice and salad
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook