Vegetable and Bean Curry with Basmati Rice
Use a variety of vegetables to make this wholesome curry served with basmati rice.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 15 ml oil
- 1 Red onion, coarsely chopped
- 50 g Celery sticks, chopped
- 5 ml Crushed garlic
- 5 ml Robertsons Turmeric
- 200 g Butternut chunks
- 50 g Carrots, cut into chunks
- 300 g New potatoes, halved
- 400 ml water
- 1 sachet KNORR Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-In-Sauce
- 200 g Baby marrows, cut into chunks
- 200 g Canned red kidney beans, drained
- 200 g Canned butterbeans, drained
- ¼ Bunch fresh coriander
- 300 g Basmati rice, cooked in unsalted water
- In a large pot, fry onion and celery for 3 min.
- Add garlic and turmeric and lightly fry for 1 min.
- Add butternut, carrots and potatoes and fry for 3 min.
- Add 400ml cold water to the pot, stir in the contents of the sachet of KNORR Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce and bring to the boil while stirring.
- Add baby marrows and simmer uncovered for 20 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and simmer for a further 20 min. Stir in coriander.
- Serve hot with basmati rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook