Chicken, Bacon and Vegetable Phyllo Parcels
Make a home-made strudel in under an hour using chicken, mushroom, broccoli, bacon, cheese and mushrooms in phyllo pastry parcels.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- 45 ml Stork Margarine
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 130 g Assorted mushrooms, chopped
- 130 g Broccoli florets, cut small
- 400 g Chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 ml Thyme leaves
- 1 KNORR Chicken and Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 200 ml low fat milk
- 100 ml water
- 125 ml Grated mozzarella cheese
- 100 ml Grilled and chopped weighless bacon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 Sheets phyllo pastry
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a griddle pan, melt half of the Stork margarine.
- Add onion and sauté over medium heat until golden.
- Add mushrooms and broccoli and cook until soft.
- Add chicken, garlic and thyme.
- Cook until chicken is brown.
- Add KNORR Fresh Ideas Chicken & Mushroom Pan sachet contents, milk and water and cook for 20 min, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Mix in cheese, bacon and egg.
- Melt the remaining Stork margarine.
- Brush ½ phyllo sheet with some of the melted margarine.
- Spoon ⅓ cup chicken mixture on narrow edge and fold in sides.
- Roll up and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining sheets of pastry.
- Brush the rolls with remaining margarine.
- Bake for 20 min until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with brown 200 g rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook