Creamy Tomato Soup with Barley and Basil
Made with the goodness of barley, this soup combines tomato and basil to give it a delicious flavour.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 125 ml Cream
- 400 ml Tomato paste
- 400 ml water
- 1 KNORR Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 130 g Barley, cooked
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 4 Spring onions
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 1.3 kg Ripe tomatoes
- 125 ml Plain yoghurt
- 30 ml Finely chopped basil
- 1 Pinch Black pepper to taste
- 100 g Bread sticks
- Plunge tomatoes into boiling water for 1 min.
- Remove and peel the skins, scoop out the seeds and discard them.
- Chop the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onion, spring onion and garlic and cook for 3 min.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for 6 min, stirring occasionally until the tomatoes have softened.
- Stir in the barley, KNORR Fresh Ideas Savoury Mince sachet contents and 400 ml water, and simmer for 10 min.
- Add tomato paste and bring to the boil.
- Stir in cream, yoghurt and basil and season with black pepper.
- Serve with an extra blob of yoghurt and shredded basil, with bread sticks on the side.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook