Moroccan-Spiced Baked Chicken Breasts
Coriander, turmeric, cumin and cinnamon combined with garlic and honey makes a decadent rub for this chicken dish.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time90 minutes
- 10 ml Honey
- 1 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 ml Red chilli, seeded
- 5 ml Robertsons Cinnamon
- 10 ml Robertsons Coriander
- 5 ml Robertsons Cumin
- 30 g Fresh coriander
- 30 ml olive oil
- 60 ml oil
- 600 g Chicken breasts, whole
- 100 g Red onions, sliced
- 250 ml of white wine or red wine (optional)
- 150 ml Water
- 1 sachet KNORR Country Hot Pot Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 2 Limes, quartered
- 1 bunch Coriander leaves to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Blend the paste ingredients (honey, garlic, red chilli, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, fresh coriander and olive oil) in a food processor until the consistency is smooth.
- Heat 10 ml oil in a large saucepan.
- Add chicken breasts and brown evenly.
- Remove from the pan and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Add onions and sauté for 15 min.
- Add paste to the onions and cook for 3 min.
- Add the wine, water and sachet of KNORR Country Hotpot Dry Cook-in-Sauce to the pan.
- Simmer for 20 min and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and bake for 40 min.
- Turn chicken breasts over and cook for a further 30 min.
- Garnish with lime wedges and coriander leaves and serve with 150 g couscous (cooked as per packet instructions) and 400 g steamed butternut.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook