Herbed Chicken and Rice Bake
Mixed herbs and chicken stock add great flavour to this chicken and rice dish.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 50 ml White wine
- 450 ml Chicken stock
- 500 ml cold milk
- 250 ml Rice, uncooked
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 6 Spring onions, chopped
- 45 ml Stork Margarine
- 500 g Chicken pieces
- 1 Pinch Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Cup Mixed herbs, chopped
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese shavings
- 1 sachet KNORR Chicken a’la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- Brown chicken pieces in Stork margarine over a medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Place in a baking dish, top with spring onions and squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle the rice over the chicken pieces, and stir until well coated.
- Mix the packet contents with the milk, stock, wine, salt and pepper and herbs.
- Pour over the chicken and rice mixture and bake at 180°C for 40 min until the rice is cooked and chicken is tender, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Serve this dish with shavings of Parmesan cheese.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook