Classic Steak and Kidney Pie
Treat the family to this traditional steak and kidney pie served with mashed potatoes and roast vegetables.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 500 Gram Beef, cubed
- 500 Gram Lamb kidneys, cleaned and cubed
- 250 Millilitre Red wine
- 50 Gram Flour
- 15 Millilitre Oil
- 250 Millilitre Water
- 1 KNORR Hearty Beef Stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 400 Gram Roll puff pastry
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- Marinate the beef cubes and kidneys in the red wine, preferably overnight.
- Dust the cubes with flour reserving the wine for later use.
- Fry the cubes in oil to brown.
- Add the KNORR Hearty Beef Cook-in-Sauce, the reserved wine and water and simmer for 25-30 min.
- Place in an ovenproof dish or 4 individual dishes.
- Roll out the pastry and place over the mixture to create the top of the pie.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake the pie at 200°C for 15 min or until golden brown.
- Serve with mashed potato and vegetables.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook