Cheesy Prawn Thermidor
This seafood delight is made by simmering prawns in spring onion, thyme and a dash of brandy, and topping them with a tasty cheese sauce.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 3 ml Robertsons Paprika
- 125 ml Cream
- 250 ml Fish or chicken stock
- 1 KNORR Creamy Three Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 250 g Button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 25 ml Fresh thyme, chopped
- 60 ml Brandy
- 3 Spring onions, chopped
- 100 ml Margarine
- 500 g Prawns, deveined and shelled
- 1 Dash Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 125 ml Grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt 40 ml margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add spring onions and sautè for 2-3 min.
- Stir in the prawns and fry until the prawns turn from translucent to pale pink.
- Add the brandy and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the thyme, salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- In a small saucepan melt 20 ml butter and fry the mushrooms until golden brown.
- In a separate frying pan, melt 20 ml margarine and stir in the Knorr Three Cheese Pasta Sauce, stirring well to prevent lumps.
- Gradually whisk in stock and cook for 10 min until thickened.
- Stir in the cream and cook for a further 5 min.
- Add paprika, Tabasco sauce and lemon juice.
- Stir the prawns and mushrooms into the cheese sauce and lightly mix together.
- Spoon into individual ramekins and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place on a baking dish and bake for 20 min until golden brown.
- Serve with fluffy white rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook