Creamy Bacon and Leek Pap Tart
In search of dinner ideas? This recipe calls for mouth-watering bacon, mushrooms, cream and cheese layered with flavoured pap - scrumptious!
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 750 ml Water
- 1 KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- 750 ml Maize meal
- 15 ml Oil
- 2 Leeks
- 4 Bacon rashers, chopped
- 100 g Button mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250 ml Fresh cream
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- In a pot, bring 500 ml to the boil, add KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake and boil for another 2 minutes.
- In a jug, add maize meal to the remaining 250 ml water and mix to form a smooth paste.
- Add to the boiling water, stirring continuously to prevent lumps.
- Reduce heat and cook for 20-30 minutes on medium heat, covered, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cooked pap from the heat and pour into a large, flat baking dish and refrigerate until cold.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a pan, heat oil and fry leeks, bacon and mushrooms.
- Add 125 ml cream to the bacon mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Slice the pap and layer half the quantity in an ovenproof dish.
- Top with the bacon and mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the remaining slices of pap over the top, and pour cream over.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Serve as a main meal or as a side serving.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook