Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup
This delicious soup made from sweet potato and fresh carrots, drizzled with honey and served with hot bread, is a meal all on its own.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 60 ml Margarine
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 5 ml Robertsons Coriander
- 5 ml Grated ginger
- 2 ml Robertsons Turmeric
- 500 g Carrots, chopped
- 100 g Sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 875 ml Chicken stock
- 125 ml Milk
- 1 KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- 150 ml Cream
- 7 ml Honey
- Heat margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, coriander, ginger and turmeric and sautè until the onions soften.
- Add carrots and sweet potato to the pan and add the chicken stock, milk and sachet of Knorr Garlic and Herb Potato Bake.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes until the carrots and potato are tender.
- Place the soup ingredients into a liquidizer and pureé until smooth.
- Stir in the cream, place into serving bowls and drizzle with a little honey and some extra cream.
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook