Creamy Potato Soup
On a winter's night, this creamy potato soup will warm you up with its delicious flavour.
- Recipe serves4 to 6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 1 Garlic glove, crushed
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 15 ml oil
- 6 Large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 250 ml water
- 300 ml Milk
- 1 KNORR Cheese and Bacon Potato Bake
- 15 ml chopped fresh parsley
- Fry onion, garlic and carrots in a little oil over medium-high heat until the onion softens.
- Add potatoes and cover with water.
- Top up with 200 ml milk.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 35 min.
- Mix the sachet contents with 100 ml milk to make a paste.
- Add parsley and whisk into the potatoes.
- Stir continuously, allowing the soup to thicken. You can add a little more milk or water if the soup is too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the soup into a liquidizer and purée for a smooth texture or mash with a fork to have a more chunky texture.
- Serve with homemade bread.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook