Creamy Watercress and Bacon Soup
Potato, bacon and watercress soup is an easy option to serve hot or cold to family and friends.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time35 minutes
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 20 Millilitre Stork Margarine
- 600 Millilitre Chicken stock
- 4 Potatoes, sliced
- 1 KNORR Bacon and Onion Flavour Potato Bake
- 300 Millilitre Milk
- 315 cold water
- 1 Bunch watercress, chopped
- 1 Pinch Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sauté onion and garlic in Stork margarine over a medium-high heat until soft.
- Add chicken stock and sliced potatoes and simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
- Mix the sachet contents with a little cold milk to make a smooth paste and add the remaining milk.
- Add this to the potatoes, along with the cold water and watercress.
- Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 7-8 min.
- Liquidise when cool and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or chilled with crispy bacon bits and a swirl of cream.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook