Beef, Mushroom and Red Wine Risotto
Risotto doesn’t have to take hours to make. Now you can enjoy the taste of Italy in your own home!
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time30 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 175 g Beef sausages
- 125 g Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Carrot, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 10 ml Robertsons Origanum
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 2 Cloves crushed garlic
- 250 ml Arborio rice (risotto rice)
- 125 ml Red wine
- 1 KNORR Beef Stock Pot
- 900 ml Hot water
- 60 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 30 ml Olive oil
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté sliced sausages until browned and almost cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms, carrot and Robertsons Origanum, turn down the heat and allow to cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- In a pot fry the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add the risotto rice and fry for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously until the centre of each rice grain is white and the edges are translucent.
- Add the red wine and allow to cook until the rice has absorbed the wine.
- Stir in the KNORR Beef Stock Pot.
- Then begin to add the hot water a little at a time stirring continuously until each batch of water has been absorbed - this will take at least 30 minutes.
- At this point the risotto should be fully cooked and slightly al dente.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and the sausage mixture and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook