Greek Pastitsio with Lamb Mince
The unusual combination of lamb and pasta gives this dish an extra twist.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 25 ml Oil
- 400 g Lean lamb mince
- 400 ml cold water
- 1 KNORR Spaghetti Bologanise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 400 ml Boiling water
- 1 sachet KNORR Classic White Sauce
- 2 Eggs , Nutmeg to taste
- 10 ml Robertsons Cinnamon
- 200 g Macaroni
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Fry the onions in oil until tender, add the meat and brown.
- Add water, KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce sachet and cinnamon. Bring to the boil stirring.
- Reduce to a simmer for 20 min.
- In a jug, add the boiling water to the KNORR Classic White Sauce, and stir until thick.
- When cool, whisk in the beaten eggs, season with nutmeg.
- Cook the macaroni and drain.
- Grease a casserole dish and place the macaroni in it.
- Top with the meat sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon.
- Pour the white sauce over to cover.
- Bake for 40 min or until firm.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook