Easy Greek Moussaka
Try your hand at this tasty homemade Moussaka and impress your family and friends.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time65 minutes
- Oil for frying
- 3 Large brinjals, sliced
- 1 KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 400 ml Cold water
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 30 ml Stork Margarine
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 sachets KNORR Classic White Sauce
- 700 ml Boiling water
- 1 Egg
- 250 ml grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C, Fry finely chopped onion in Stork margarine until transparent.
- Add the mince and fry until crumbly.
- Add 400 ml cold water to the pan, and stir in the contents of the KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce sachet.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Slice the brinjal and fry in hot oil until cooked.
- Arrange the fried brinjal in a greased casserole dish with mince in alternating layers.
- Make a white sauce with the KNORR Classic White Sauce and boiling water.
- Add the beaten egg.
- Pour over the mince and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 min or until golden.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook