Roast Lamb Shanks in a Tomato, Wine and Herb Sauce
Lamb shanks are a firm favourite when entertaining and taste delicious cooked in this tomato and basil sauce.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time30 minutes
- Cooking time210 minutes
- 4 Lamb shanks
- 100 ml Flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 40 ml Oil
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 40 ml Tomato paste
- 150 ml Dry white wine
- 400 ml cold water
- 1 KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 5 ml Robertsons Thyme
- 10 ml Robertsons Basil
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Trim shanks of excess fat and sinew.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a bag and coat the shanks.
- Heat half the oil in the pan and brown the shanks.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Wipe out the pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the onion.
- Add the tomato paste, wine and 400ml cold water to the pan and stir in the contents of the sachet of KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce and bring to the boil while stirring.
- Simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the thyme and sweet basil and pour over the shanks.
- Cover and bake at 160°C for 3 hrs.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook