Spinach-Stuffed Onions in a Creamy Sauce
Use whole onions stuffed with scrumptious tasting spinach, garlic and parsley as an accompaniment to any roast.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 4 Medium onions, unpeeled
- 5 ml olive oil
- 350 g Spinach, steamed, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 bunches Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 sachet KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- 450 ml Milk
- 1 Pinch black pepper
- Place the unpeeled onions in a pan, cover with water and boil uncovered for 30 min.
- Drain and cool the onions, trim off the root and peel off the very outer skins.
- Slice off top and reserve for later.
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Using a teaspoon, hollow out the centres so you are left with 2 thick layers of the shell.
- Chop up the insides of the onions and reserve for later.
- Place olive oil in a saucepan and add the spinach, garlic and parsley and cook gently for 4 min.
- Drain and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Place in a bowl and add the chopped onion.
- To make the sauce, place the sachet contents and the milk in a saucepan.
- Heat stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the onions.
- Pour the sauce around the onions, pop the reserved tops onto the onions and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 min.
- Season with Black pepper and serve
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook