Beef Stew with Bacon, Beans and Onions
There's nothing more comforting than a steaming beef stew on a cold winter's evening and this is a stew recipe that everyone will love.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 1 sachet KNORR Hearty Beef Stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- 125 ml Red wine
- 400 g Beef, cubed
- 125 g Bacon, chopped
- 100 g Baby onions, peeled and kept whole
- 15 ml oil
- 1 Sprig fresh Rosemary
- 350 ml cold water
- 410 g Tin butterbeans, drained
- 2 Cups Creamy mashed potato to serve
- In a large pot, heat oil and fry baby onions, bacon and beef until brown.
- Add 125 ml red wine and carrots.
- Mix the sachet contents with 350 ml cold water and add to the pot.
- Simmer until the meat is tender and the carrots are cooked (approximately 40 min).
- Add the tin of butterbeans and simmer for 5 min.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and serve with creamy mashed potato.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook