Curried Beef and Mushrooms with Golden Mash
This hearty beef meal is a firm favourite for family and friends.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time12 minutes
- 30 ml Stork margarine
- 150 ml Milk
- 900 g Potatoes
- 125 ml water
- 125 ml Red wine
- 1 tin (410 g) chopped tomatoes
- 30 ml Rajah Curry powder
- 250 g Button mushrooms, halved
- 2 Large onions, chopped
- 750 g Stewing steak, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 15 ml oil
- 1 KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- Brown meat in heated cooking oil.
- Remove from pan.
- Add onions, mushrooms and curry powder to the same pan and cook until onions are soft.
- Return meat to pan and add tomatoes, red wine and water.
- Simmer covered for about 1½ hours until meat is tender.
- Peel then boil potatoes until tender.
- Drain well and mash.
- Add the milk, Stork margarine and contents of the sachet of KNORR Garlic & Herb Potato Bake to the mash.
- Spoon the potato mixture into a greased, ovenproof dish, lining the base and sides and leaving a large hollow in the middle for the meat filling.
- Fill with meat filling and flatten with a spoon.
- Bake at 180°C for 25 min or until potato is golden around the edges.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook