Easy Roast Onion Tart
Quick and easy, this tasty tart is ideal served hot as a starter or cold for afternoon tea with friends.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 4 Onions
- 2 Tablespoon Margarine
- 1 KNORR Roasted Vegetables Veggie Bake
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 400 Gram Roll frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- Peel and slice the onions.
- Heat the margarine in a large frying pan and gently sauté the onions until soft.
- Stir in the contents of the KNORR Roasted Vegetables Veggie Bake sachet.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Once cool, mix in the beaten egg.
- Unroll the pastry onto a greased baking tray.
- Use a small, sharp knife and score a border all the way round about 3 cm from the edge.
- Do not cut all the way through.
- Spread the onion mixture over the pastry taking care not to place it over the border.
- Place in a preheated oven at 200°C for 20-25 min or until the pastry has risen and is golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook