Honey and Garlic Roast Duck
Serve up a perfectly roasted duck by using a KNORR Garlic & Rosemary Cook-in-Bag – your duck will continuously be basting in the bag ensuring it will be tender and juicy!
- Recipe serves4 - 6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time80 minutes
- 1 whole duck (approx. 1.6 kg)
- 1 KNORR Garlic & Rosemary Cook-in-Bag
- 45 ml honey
- No need to preheat oven
- Remove duck from the packaging and remove the giblets and trim off any excess fat then rinse under cold, running water
- Pat the duck dry inside and out with kitchen paper towel
- Using a sharp knife score the skin of the duck as well as prick a few holes then rub with honey
- Place the duck into the cook-in-bag breast side up and season with the dry KNORR mixture. Close bag at the end with the blue tie supplied.
- Very gently massage the KNORR mixture into the duck on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is evenly spread.
- Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish and bake at 180 C for 80 minutes (20 minutes per 500 g duck plus 20 minutes extra) on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure that the grill is off at all times
- Keep enough room for the bag to expand – bag must not touch the sides of the oven
- When done allow the duck to rest for a few minutes then carefully cut open the bag and transfer to a serving dish
- Use the juices from the bag to roast your potatoes and vegetables
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook