This refreshing summer salad recipe is bursting with sweet flavour. Grilled baby marrow, red peppers, onions and couscous make a filling base that's then topped fresh berries. Drizzle with a dressing of your choice for the prefect summer salad.
- Recipe serves2
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time10 minutes
- 1 Baby marrow, thinly sliced length ways into 6cm strips
- 30 ml Stork Margarine
- 1 Red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 Red pepper, deseeded and very finely chopped
- 200 g Couscous
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 500 ml Boiling water
- 1 tbsp Grated fresh root ginger
- 1 Spring onion, chopped
- 2 Pinches saffron
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped parsley
- Handful of torn curly leaf lettuce
- 3 Radishes, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp Chick peas
- 3 tbsp Summer berries of your choice
- Grill the baby marrow slices and set aside.
- Heat the Stork Margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, until softened and starting to colour. Add the couscous and Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and stir through. Remove from the heat.
- Add the boiling water, ginger, spring onion and the saffron to the couscous, cover and leave for 10 minutes, until all of the water has been absorbed.
- Fork the couscous to separate, add the baby marrow, chopped parsley and chick peas and mix through gently.
- On a large plate mix together the lettuce, couscous, radishes, berries. Drizzle with a dressing of your choice to serve and add extra berries if desired.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook