This vegetable enchilada recipe is the perfect Mexican, vegetarian treat. Corn tortillas are stuffed with rice, black beans, cheese and sour cream, before being drizzled with a tomato sauce of cumin and Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot.
- Recipe serves8
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 30 ml Stork Margarine
- 2 Cloves crushed garlic
- 10 ml Robertsons Cumin
- 60 ml Plain flour
- 60 ml Tomato puree
- 400 g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 300 g Grated Cheddar cheese, divided
- 100 ml Sour cream
- 400 g Tin black beans, rinsed and drained (or kidney beans)
- 300 g Baby spinach leaves
- 410 g Tin cream style sweetcorn
- 6 Spring onions, finely sliced
- 200 g Long grained rice, cooked according to packet directions
- 8 Corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat the Stork Margarine in a large saucepan. Add the garlic, cumin, flour and tomato puree. Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat, stirring continuously. Add the tomatoes and Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, stirring well. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until slightly thickened and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine half of the cheese, sour cream, black beans (or kidney beans), spinach, corn, rice and spring onions.
- Lay tortillas flat and spoon on equal portions of the rice mixture. Roll up tightly and arrange seam side down on a lightly greased baking dish.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook