Chilli Cheese Dip
A creamy, indulgent chilli cheese dip recipe. The Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot ensures maximum flavour, whilst cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and mascarpone add a rich texture. A hearty appetiser that everyone will love.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 5 Jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 200 ml Cream cheese
- 100 ml Mascarpone
- 100 g Parmesan, grated and divided
- 50 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 ml Robertsons Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until the onion starts to soften. Add the garlic, chillies and jalapenos. Cook for 3-5 minutes until vegetables are golden and starting to brown. Turn to low heat.
- Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, cream cheese and mascarpone to the pan and heat gently, stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes. Add 80 g of the Parmesan and all of the Cheddar cheese. Heat sauce through for another 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted and sauce has reduced slightly. Season with black pepper.
- Pour sauce into a serving bowl and serve warm and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan (or Cheddar), or for a firmer spreadable dip, chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Serve with crackers, crusty bread or crunchy carrot sticks.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook