A rich and delicious seafood gumbo recipe. Succulent prawns and tender hake are gently simmered in Knorr vegetable stock, garlic, bay leaves and celery for maximum flavour. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and spring onions to finish this tasty dish.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 1 l Boiling water
- 30 ml Stork Margarine
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 2 Red peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 Stalks celery, peeled and diced
- 4 Cloves crushed garlic
- 2 Robertsons Bay Leaf
- 500 ml Brown ale
- 2 ml Robertsons Cayenne pepper
- 500 g Hake fillets, diced
- 500 g Prawns, peeled and deveined
- 12 Okra, trimmed, washed and chopped
- 20 ml Chopped parsley
- 20 ml Chopped spring onion
- Place the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot in boiling water, stir well and set aside.
- Heat the Stork Margarine in a large thick bottomed saucepan, over medium heat. Add the onion, red peppers and celery and cook for 10 minutes, until softened and starting to colour. Add the garlic, cook for a further 3-5 minutes, until the vegetables start to brown.
- Add the bay leaves. Pour in the brown ale and vegetable stock and add the cayenne pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the hake, prawns and okra and cook for 8-10 minutes, until fish is just cooked. Add the chopped parsley and spring onions to serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook