A warming, hearty chilli beans recipe. Kidney beans are cooked with tomatoes and a Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot for maximum flavour, before adding chillies and garlic for the spicy kick. Serve with sour cream and coriander.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 45 ml Olive oil
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 3 Cloves crushed garlic
- 2 Red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 15 ml Tomato paste
- 10 ml Chilli Powder
- 400 g Tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml Water
- 2 ml Robertsons Black Pepper
- 60 ml Sour cream
- 30 ml Chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat until softened but not brown. Add the garlic, red chillies and green chillies and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, until onions starts to brown.
- Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, tomato paste and chilli powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the kidney beans, tomatoes, water and black pepper. Stir well, bring to the boil then simmer on a low heat for 15-20 minutes, until sauce starts to thicken.
- To serve, top with sour cream and sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve with steamed rice and a creamy guacamole.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook