Chicken Pasta Casserole
A warming, hearty chicken pasta casserole recipe that’s quick to put together. Carrots and parsnips bring the comforting flavours of winter vegetables, whilst cheese, cream and Knorr chicken stock add a rich flavour and texture.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time170 minutes
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 8 Chicken thighs, bone in
- 2 Knorr Chicken Stock Pots
- 500 ml Water
- 4 Large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Large onions, peeled chopped
- 3 Parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 Robertsons Bay Leaves
- 250 g Pasta shells (or noodles) cooked
- 300 ml Cream
- 30 ml Chopped parsley
- 100 g Parmesan (or Cheddar), grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken and one Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and cook on medium heat for 6-8 minutes until chicken starts to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the water in a large saucepan, add the chicken, carrots, onions, parsnips and bay leaves. Bring to the boil then simmer gently for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and drain two thirds of the liquid away. Break up the chicken and remove the skin and bones.
- Place the vegetables, chicken and retained liquid in a large casserole dish. Add the pasta, cream and second Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and Parmesan (or Cheddar) and bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
- If using noodles add these to the casserole 5 minutes before the end of baking time.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook