Treat the family with this indulgent prawn bisque recipe. Knorr Vegetable Stock, garlic and onion are simmered with seafood shells for full flavour, before adding cream and mayonnaise. Sprinkle with parsley and top with some juicy langoustine tails.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time65 minutes
- 30 ml Stork Margarine
- 150 g Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves crushed garlic
- 450 g Heads, claws and tail shells from langoustines or prawns
- 500 ml Boiling water
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 2 x 400 g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml Cream
- 50 ml Mayonnaise
- 50 ml Low fat milk
- 15 ml Chopped parsley
- Heat the Stork Margarine in a large frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook on medium heat for 4-6 minutes, until the onions softened but do not brown. Add the seafood shells and cook for about 15 minutes, until soft but not brown.
- Add the water and the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve into another saucepan.
- Add the tomatoes, bring back to the boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, mayonnaise and milk and bring to the boil, Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until bisque starts to thickened and the colour deepens. Serve topped with chopped parsley and some freshly cooked langoustine tails or freshly cooked king prawns.
- As an option try adding 30 ml brandy to the dish just before adding the cream. To do this, turn the heat up high for 3-4 minutes, add the brandy, tip the saucepan to the side and set the brandy on fire with a match or lighter. As the flames subside add the cream and follow the remaining recipe instructions.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook