Chicken and Waffles
This chicken and waffles recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and savoury: light, fluffy waffles drenched in maple syrup, with crispy, breaded chicken. Covered with a flavoursome, smooth sauce of Knorr Chicken Stock, milk and Stork Margarine.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 90 ml Flour, divided
- 2 ml Robertsons Black Pepper
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 125 ml Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 80 ml Hot low-fat milk
- 15 ml Stork Margarine
- 200 ml Cream
- 4 Buttermilk or Belgian-style waffles
- 60 ml Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix 60 ml of the flour with the pepper and place on a large plate.
- Dip the chicken pieces first in the eggs and then into the seasoned flour. Dredge the chicken well and shake off any excess flour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan on high heat and cook the chicken for around 3-4 minutes until the skin is golden and crispy.
- Remove chicken from the pan, shake off excess oil and place into a large baking tray. Roast for 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly. Remove chicken from the oven and set aside.
- Place the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot in the hot milk and stir well.
- Meanwhile, melt the Stork Margarine in a large frying pan over low heat. Add the remaining flour and whisk to make a smooth paste. Slowly add the stock, one ladle at a time, whisk well until all the stock is mixed in. Add the cream and cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce just starts to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Toast the waffles then place one on each plate. Pour an even amount of maple syrup on each waffle. Place one chicken breast on each waffle and top each breast with the sauce.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook